Thursday, August 11, 2016

Truth Notebook 8/11/16




It’s far easier to judge than to redeem.
The light shines into the darkness and the darkness does not overcome it.
To give you the mind of Christ.
Healing is more about the heart than the body.
Hope against hope.
Jesus brings life to the dead.
Where are your accusers? 
He listens to me.
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
No matter the spinning of your world.
Having lost all sensitivity.
I lean not on my own understanding.
The land has known peace.
Walk humbly, fear God.
Truth over lies.
This is how we know what love is.
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that we might be called the righteousness of God.
So it was not you who sent me here, but God.
Seek and offer forgiveness.
If you love, you will break no law.


Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control


Here in the death of Christ, I live.
To the One who brings life to the dead.
Hear our prayers.
If you have anything against anyone, forgive him.
All because we do carry.
Faith is the hope of things unseen.
Bankrupt rainbows.
Do not be far from me, my God.
Into your hands I commit my spirit.
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
"Welcome to life."
These people worship me with their lips but their hearts are far from me.
Man shall not live by bread alone.
Who is this that even the wind and the seas obey Him? 



There will come a time you’ll see
With no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you’ll find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair


Who’s going to braid their hair?
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice.
Obey and seek.
Seek and you will find.
That’s what He promises.The world is passing away, along with its desires.
Lift your feet.
In Him we live and move and have our being.



“I don’t want to forgive,” she admitted.
“I can’t. It will—” she broke off.
“Forgiveness is not death,” Trifine said. “It is life.”
“For who? Whose life? Forgiving allows people to get away with murder.” 
“Whose murder?” Melor asked, in the same tone her tutor had used when she was supposed to know the answer already. 
“Mine,” Perrotte ground out.
“Murdered, and yet, you live.” 

-The Castle Behind Thorns, Merrie Haskell



3 comments:

  1. So you're not a JW, you simply like to use his name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I am not a Jehovah's Witness. I totally believe in using all the names of God though. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...