Friday, July 29, 2016

Articles I'm Breathing






Articles I've been reading this week:


How to Make Connections and Boost Your Writing Career by Rachelle Rea Cobb

This article was so great. I especially appreciated reading through Rachelle's list of ideas for making connections. I'm rather a shy person, and my online skills don't soar. But there's something about having these steps written down that makes creating a social presence seem so much feasible for me.

On Sharing My Summer Stories by Alyson Schroll

I can't express how much I love Alyson's writing. Everything she writes, I feel. There have been a few times when I've felt stressed or anxious about something, and an article or poem on her blog will calm me down. I particularly like this one, and it expresses a lot of what I've been feeling lately.


Whatever Your Politics, Your Clothes Are Conservative by Hannah Sillars

This was just intriguing. :)


If Dreams Were Dresses by Emily Rachelle

As much as I hate to "disclaim" here, I guess I do have to say that I don't agree with everything Emily writes on her blog. Let's not get the words "condemn" and "disclaim" mixed up, though. Emily is lovely, and this particular article is incredible. It urged me to think and forgive. And let's be real, those polo shirts are so classy. I hope one day I can live with as much grace as she portrays.

My Journey Away from Contemporary Worship Music by Dan Cogan

Besides the occasional, "Ouch, this is really cheesy," I don't have anything against contemporary worship music. I did really appreciate and resonate with what Dan had to say, though, and there will probably be more hymn-listening in my future after this.  


How to Get Serious About Blogging by Regina

This is a theme in my reading right now. Hopefully soon, it'll actually become a theme with my blog. We shall see. :)





If you haven't seen yet, I posted the beginning of one of my stories on Wattpad this week! You can view it here. 

What kinds of articles have you been reading lately? 





2 comments:

  1. I've adored Emily's blog as of late, but her recent post on dresses definitely gave me pause since I am not very good at respecting people in that department. I'm also glad you shared the piece on contemporary music. I hadn't seen it floating around, but it definitely addressed a frustration that I've felt in my own church for a while now. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Glad you gave that music one a read! I very much enjoyed it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...