Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Truth Notebook

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.
In the last days, they’ll call good evil, and evil good.
Leave the war outside.

Spirit, lead me where my
Trust is without boarders

We have answers beyond the grave.
The same grace that saves us is the same grace that sustains us.
The joy of the Lord is your strength.
He loves more than I ever could.
Artificial sunlight.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness does not overcome it.
Every reason you have to hate someone is every reason you have to love them.
Why affliction? Why suffering? Why ISIS? Because without it, the sweetness of the Holy Spirit would mean nothing to us, be nothing to us.
Sometimes He just lets us breathe underwater.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known to God.



Search my heart, O God and see if there be any wicked way in me.
Every step. Keep surrendering.
But who are you, O man, to answer back to God?
Teach me your ways.
Where are your accusers?
Afflicted, perplexed, persecuted, struck down—
Not crushed, not driven to despair, not forsaken, not destroyed.
We walk by faith and not by sight.
He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Replace my fear with love.
Replace my bitterness with forgiveness.
Miracle.
Sin trying to fix sin.
When I survey.
I’m learning to like the word “adventure.”
Not everyone battles demons every day.
Put no confidence in the flesh.
Humble. Loving. Trusting.
I found my life when I laid it down.
How to win at warfare.
Have courage and be kind.
The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
The truth will set you free.
The only power Satan has over you is the power of the lie.
He knows my name.
God does not cease to be God.
Trustworthy, perfect, all-knowing.

I don’t want to leave here,
I don’t want to stay,
It feels like pinching to me
Either way

When we are sure that God loves and accepts us, we can be free to own up to our sin, face reality, and not run and hide from painful circumstances.
If hope could be written in music notes…
All the things I’m praying for.
God’s timing is perfect.
Lead a quiet life.
Peace, be still.
When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.


8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful beyond words. Thank you so much for sharing.

    "Every reason you have to hate someone is every reason you have to love them."
    "Sometimes He just lets us breathe underwater."
    ...I was going to keep pulling favorite quotes, but I'd eventually have your whole post in here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Serena. That means the world. This is a collection of things I've written in my notebook over the past month, and I can't take credit for everything. Many of these quotes stem from things other people have inspired. But I guess knowing that it's a creation of many humans makes it even more beautiful, huh?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I recognized a few quotes and things I assumed were inspired by quotes, and I love how you seamlessly wove them all together with your own words.

      Delete
  2. Simply amazing...My favorite part is, "Why affliction? Why suffering? Why ISIS? Because without it, the sweetness of the Holy Spirit would mean nothing to us, be nothing to us." That is so true...so ture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have found kindred spirits. I really appreciate your collage of wise thoughts, Stephanie. Serena and Maggie, you commented on exactly the thoughts that struck me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...