Friday, September 12, 2014

Penning that Modesty Article (And How You Can Help)

I'm writing that modesty article.

*takes a deep breath*

I've had a bunch of requests for this particular piece, but I just haven't felt up to it. Modesty (in dress) is kind of a touchy subject, and not something I want to focus in on super often. But tonight, I think it's about time to see if I can put pen to paper.

But, in order to do that...I need your help. Yes, you. Everyone reading this. Everyone with an opinion.

(so, in other words, yeah... everyone.)

Guys, girls, liberals, conservatives, atheists, Christians, Catholics, Mormons, church kids, tattoo artists, professional wrestlers...

I'm not planning to argue with you, so no worries!

Anything you're willing to give me, I'll take. Including, but not limited to:

* What you believe
* What you've been taught
* What your church teaches (or doesn't teach)
* Personal experience
* How you differ from others opinions
* How modesty and the modesty movement affects you as a girl or guy
* How modesty and the modesty movement affects the church and the world
* What you tend to wear and why

etc.

Whatever your opinion is, however long or short-- share it! I'm willing to read four sentences or four pages--whatever you have to say! You're welcome to comment here if you feel comfortable with that (discussion would be pretty fun! Feel free to differ in opinions - just remain respectful...and remember that Jesus always comes first!) or if you prefer privacy, you can email me! (Stephaniekehrauthor[at]gmail[dot]com). If you want to remain completely anonymous, I'll even let you type what you have to say into my ask.fm account (and it doesn't even have to be a question! How generous is that?!) I'm really aiming for a well-rounded view.

Thanks! I really appreciate you helping me out! Hopefully you'll get to see this come together soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...