Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hannah Ray - Heart Murmurs



It's not every day that I beg someone to let me publish their poetry. I'm no judge of poetry, believe me, but I love, love LOVE (did I say 'love'?) everything Hannah writes. And I love Hannah to death, too. She's pretty fantastic. 

...now that I've officially ditched the thesaurus (like a writer-heathen), penned the word 'love' sixty-four times in a paragraph, and probably bored you to death... 

I met Hannah last year, and let me tell you--she is such a blessing of a girl...and an aspiring writer! You don't get much better than that. Welcome, Hannah! I'm so honored to show off some of your beautiful words!

~

The heart is more deceitful than anything else, and incurable — who can understand it? I, Yahweh, examine the mind, I test the heart to give to each according to his way, according to what his actions deserve. (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

“Heart Murmurs”

My heart is so maladroit.
It's full of confusion.
Split personality.
Back and forth.
Clumsily tripping on broken love.
Clinically insane.

My heart is so deceitful.
Desperately wicked, who can know it?
Lies seared into me like a brand.
Choking on false alibis.
Torn between love.
Or is that lust tearing me?

My heart is so broken.
Undeserving of all love.
Cracked and hollow, bleeding drops,
Of every last thing given me.
Disgusted by my self.
Trapped by shards of glass where my heart used to beat.

My heart is so tested.
By the all seeing eye.
Only one can examine,
A heart I shroud in darkness.
Light penetrating through the filth,
Of sin I tried to pass off as love.

My heart is so loved.
Not for its lies, lust, and breakage.
Loved for it was created,
To be more than a maladroit, deceitful mess.
Loved for its potential,
To beat in tune with its Creator.
Now brought about through grace and second chances.

Hallelujah.
My heart is so redeemed.



Hannah Ray remembers the day she wrote her first story. Penning the words made her see that words can capture any feeling or moment. She is now a lover of stories and a thinker of deep thoughts. She plans to continue her writing career, and use her story to glorify God and draw others closer to Him. You can read more of Hannah's thoughts on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...