Thursday, July 10, 2014

:: The Truth Is ::


The truth is...

You're worthless.
You're pathetic.
You're pitiful.

The truth is, you're everything you fear you are.

Unworthy of love, undeserving of grace, you're a mess, a hopeless case, beyond repair. You're a failure. You let everyone down.

You hurt people, you don't measure up. You're unpopular, unclean, undesirable. Nobody wants you, nobody cares.

Nobody should want you.
Nobody should care.

You fail at everything, you're filthy, you're a pain, a burden, a liar, a jerk.

Everything you're trying to forget, it's all true. Your depression, it's real. Your worst nightmare is a reality.

They want me to tell you you're beautiful, but I'd be lying.
They want me to tell you you're worthy of love, but I'd be spitting deception.
They want me to tell you the doctors can help, but we all know it isn't true.

The truth is, you don't matter.

But.

The truth is...

You're treasure.
You're beautiful.
You're worthy.

The truth is, you're everything you fear you're not.

Worthy of love, a steward of grace, you're breathtaking, perfect, restored, no longer a hopeless case.

You're not a failure anymore.

You measure up, you're popular, clean, desirable. He wants you. He cares.

He shouldn't want you.
He shouldn't care.

You fail at everything, you're filthy, you're a pain, a burden, a liar, a jerk.

But that doesn't matter. The scars took care of that. The nails that pierced his hands, the needles gouged his skull.

The truth is, you only matter because of Him.

They want me to tell you you're beautiful, but I'd be lying.
They want me to tell you you're worthy of love, but I'd be spitting deception.
They want me to tell you the doctors can help, but we all know it isn't true.

Without Him, you are nothing. Without Him, you're doomed. Without Him, you're sick. Without Him, you're condemned. Without Him, you're worthless. Without Him, you're pathetic.

Unworthy of love, undeserving of grace, a mess, a hopeless case, beyond repair. You're a failure. You let everyone down.

With Him, you're everything. With Him, you're eternal. With Him, you're healed. With Him, you're righteous. With Him, you're worthy, With Him, you're beautiful.

Worthy of love, a steward of grace, you're breathtaking, perfect, restored, no longer a hopeless case.

You're not a failure anymore.

I want you know you're beautiful...but only because He stands in your shame.
I want you to know you're worthy...but only because He makes you pure.
I want you to know there's a happy ending, but only because He paid your price.

The truth is...

You're worthy...but only because of HIM.

Without Him, you're nothing.
With Him, you're everything.

Treasure or worthless?

The truth is, it's all beyond repair. 

The truth is, you must belong to The King.



To the Jews who had believed Him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." - John 8: 31-32

And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience...But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. - Ephesians 2:1-2, 4-5


6 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Stephanie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Stephanie! Thanks for reminding us of an important message.

    By the way, I don't know if you'll have time to do it, but I awarded you the Sunshine Award: http://coversandink.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Jillian!

      Ooh, lovely! I've been away a great deal, but I'll see if I can add this on my list of things to do this week. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. That was kind of amazing. Thank you for writing; I think I really needed to read that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Heather. My pleasure.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...