Wednesday, April 23, 2014

You Didn't Know Me When: An Epic Birthday Photo Shoot

You Didn't Know Me When by Harry Connick, Jr. on Grooveshark
An idea one year in the making.
An EPIC photo shoot.

What did you do for your eighteenth birthday, you may want to know?
I went to goodwill with one of my favorite people, and bought a dress....
To trash.


I hear mud is good for your face.


....and your hands.


Yep, first day of adulthood, yo. 


Kay is one of the very few people who can break me out of my normal personality and get me to do just about anything. She's super cool. I love her to death.




You should have seen the bathroom after we cleaned up.



I threw mud on her dress (and mine, too). We laughed until we cried. 




She also got me super into jazz music. But she doesn't know that yet.


I love her. Thanks for hanging with me, Kay! It was a blast. I'm still dying. And you're a dear.


Disclaimer: This was an activity we planned for fun, silliness, and in honor of epic life. It is in no way a feminist revolt against dress-wearing and girlishness. Both Kay and I wear a skirts a great deal of the time. We just did this to have fun. 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!! Happy Birthday, Stephanie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Wish I could've been there...... What a mature way to start out your adult life. : 0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on over and we'll try it sometime.

      Haha, and you're welcome, James.

      Delete
  3. Oh, looks fun! I'm gonna have to try that with a friend..goodwill here I come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite fun! And Goodwill is the place to go. :)

      Delete
  4. I want to do this with a really fancy white dress from a thrift store of course. What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes. I would love to see that! Neither Kay nor I look good in white, and the white dresses we did find were wedding dresses. We wanted to save them for brides... :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...