Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Diary Of: Penny for Your Thoughts?

Original Post Title: Penny for Your thoughts?

September 18th, 2013


Imagine standing in front of the Creator of the universe.

*pauses,* let me say that again. Imagine standing in front of the Creator of the universe.

I was thinking about that today. It leaves me absolutely speechless. Like, no words, just awe. For a sinner like you and me, that is literally the scariest thing. Ever. Every accomplishment, every little thing we've done for pleasure in this world is counted as dust. Gone forever. Poof. It really makes you reevaluate your life, doesn't it? Not only that but we're unrighteous, unholy standing in front of the most righteous and holy God. We deserve hell. With a word from God's word, we're dust.

YET - as the unrighteous, unholy, wretches that we are, the Creator of the universe says to His children: "You are covered in the blood of Jesus. Do not fear."

Do not fear.

Do not fear for I hold you. I'm with you. I strengthen you.

I, holy, righteous, perfect God am the one who loves you. I have never let you fall. I will keep your feet from stumbling. Even when your brain is so clouded that you don't know who I am anymore - I keep you. I hold you. I love you.

Wow.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig