Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend Charms

Of all the authorly social media sites I have become a part of over the past year, Pinterest is by far the best. I finally got around to setting that up for something more than a few recipes, and I'm finding it to be quite useful and fun in research, craftiness, and inspiration for writing. It makes things enjoyable. Here are a few pins I've enjoyed using in the past.
Yes, I actually use my pins. :)   


8857_22ca

I've worn a few of these out, although they never look as good on me. My favorite is the bottom right. I haven't entirely figured it out yet, though.


I use pictures like the above as writing prompts for myself and for the kids I teach. Nicole, one of my recent showcasers really enjoys doing this. You can last week's interview with her here.

I used a similar version of the hairstyle on the left for a dance I attended recently. Also, I might have some writing to do. *ahem.* Thanks, Batman. 


This is so great. Favorites include the box pleated, wrap, knife pleated, circle, and godet. I like the a-line under certain circumstances.


          

This one doesn't really have much to do with Pinterest, but I'm going to keep with the theme of my "weekend joys." I know everyone's obsessed with Frozen right now, and for the "first time in forever" I'm not exception. :) I actually went to see it in the theater. 
*whispers* guys, I've never even been to our theater. 
Anyway, "For the First Time in Forever" is a favorite along with "Let it Go," "Do you want to build a Snowman?" and "Love is an Open Door." Not only was the music great, but the story line was lovely. Such a sweet (even Biblical) message in a movie is hard to come by these days.

  
        

Well, guys. Gotta run. I have to leave for the doctor in a grand total of three minutes. See how dedicated I am to you guys? *laughs* I really do enjoy this video, and the "anti-joke" is awesome. So true.

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny that you posted Why I Hate Going to the Doctor today when Blimeycow just put out Why I Hate Going to the Dentist today.

    Or, I think that's funny, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny, Heroine! I end up at the doctor's office a lot (usually being treated with antibiotics), so this one brings me much joy. :)

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...