Monday, December 9, 2013

So Let's Praise

I have been looking for ways to weave scripture through my writing here. It's taken a lot of thinking and time, and I want to be honest with you guys. I'm a deep thinker, and there are a lot of great scriptural truths I could dig into, dissect, and talk about in general. But I don't want this to be about me, my writing, my thoughts, and what I'm doing. I want this to be about God. So as I am led, I'm going to begin posting scriptures that have encouraged me throughout the week. Though there's a time to speak, to dissect, and to dig further into God's Word, I want scripture just to speak for itself. So let's take some time to let God talk.

Jeremiah 1: 5 - Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.

Jeremiah 1: 19 - They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you.

Jeremiah 51: 33 - For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: The daughter of Babylon is like a threshing floor at the time it is stamped firm; Yet in a little while the time of her harvest will come for her.

Ezekiel 36: 26 - Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

Isaiah 65: 24 - 'It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox; and dust will be the serpent's food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain,' says the Lord.

Psalm 13: 5 - But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.

Psalm 48:1 - Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, His holy mountain.

Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 119:174 - I long for Your salvation, O Lord, and Your law is my delight.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 - And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

Ruth 1:16-17 - But Ruth said, 'Do not urge me to leave your or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the Lord do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me.'


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following my blog! I've followed yours, as well.

    I enjoyed reading this post. It's always great to read His Word. Looking forward to reading future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Jillian!

      As a writer, I love evaluating scripture, thinking deeply, and then sharing my thoughts with others. But as there's a place for that, I have really had the desire to take the attention off myself and my writing and just let His words speak for themselves.

      Thanks again, Jillian! I look forward to reading your posts as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...