Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1 - NaNoWriMo 2013

50,000 words in 30 days?

I think yes.

On the first day of November, authors and writer from all around the world get together for National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) and take on the challenge to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

It's not as hard as it looks, if you're prepared and know what you're doing. It's also a lot of fun. This year has been the craziest yet for me, as I'll be writing 2,000 words per day and editing the same amount for a publisher deadline on my last novel (yikes!) I'm also continuing with my tutoring, working on some guest blog posts, and am trying to keep up with full-time college classes. I'm not complaining. I'm having a blast, and I've been given such wonderful opportunities to work at home!

Here are a few pictures from my day...


Keeping it real, guys.


I just found out how much I LOVE sticky notes. They're so much fun! I apologize for the blurriness of the picture.



Look at all that wonderful thickness! It makes me happy - until I have to dig for something...


Yes, I am rocking the peanut M&M's. Shhh!


I stole this from Stephanie Morrill, who comes up with some of my favorite resources ever. She runs the Go Teen Writers blog with Ms. Jill Williamson. By the way, a phobia of facial hair is literally the coolest thing ever.


So, what tops my afternoon of crazy writing endeavors? A wide open window and Indian Summer! It was absolutely amazing outside today. Ah-mazing. 

One of my favorite quotes of the day was one from Reaching Home's editing process:

"Vincent gagged a second time. His level of immaturity was truly remarkable." 

2 comments:

  1. Hello. I noticed your on Nano. I'm on the Young Writer's Program. Are you too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Shell! Thanks for stopping by.
    Actually, I'm not in the Young Writer's Program. I signed up for NaNoWriMo with a friend a few years ago and never ended up using the YWP, although it looks like fantastic fun! If you'd like to search for me on NaNoWriMo sometime, my username is Kingsdaughter. I'd love to hear how it's going for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...