Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Reaching Home - A Novel

I have gotten a lot of questions about "the book" over the past two days after announcing the contract signing. If you're wondering about my novel, this post is for you! 

I did most of this back in March (so it's a re-post), but I've edited it to fit today's version and to answer any publishing questions. Enjoy!


***

This idea sounded beneficial to my sanity.

Let me explain...

When people find out you're a writer, they always, always, always, always want to know about your books. No, I'm not exaggerating. The dentist has asked me about my novels.

By filling this out, I may be able to eliminate some of the long, dreary explanations I've had to give concerning my current work in progress (because I am pro at long, dreary explanations. It's a miracle people are interested in my book after talking to me).
So, without further adieu...

What is the working title of your book? Reaching Home.

Where did the idea come from for the book? A dear friend sent me a comical paragraph about some people she'd met. I fell in love with the idea of developing them.

What genre does your book fall under? Young adult fiction, Christian fiction, and contemporary.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? .....This is not a question to ask a homeschooler. I have no idea.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? A dissatisfied teenager searches for a place to belong after leaving the only home she's ever loved.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Agency as of September 30th. :) 

What's the release date? The release date is currently unknown. I'll let you all know as I can.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 27 days. Editing took me almost a year (and I'll be doing more with the editor), and finding a publisher to accept the manuscript took about two and a half months.

What other books would you compare this story to in your genre? I could see an odd mixture of Anne of Green Gables, Pollyanna, Stepping Heavenward....and I'm not sure what else, but definitely more.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? Wow, that's hard to say. First, my head is full of ideas for books that I've collected over the years. God has blessed me with the gift of creativity in that arena. But sometimes I feel Him giving me a temporary red light or detour on one or more of those ideas.
My friend's paragraph sparked an idea which I developed. But it wasn't until God inspired the two sentences, "I want to go home," and "I'm going home" (both of which are core in my novel), that I really saw Him giving me the green light. So in a sense, many different things inspired this novel.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It's fun, full of some of the most colorful characters, a novel teens will easily identify with, and most of all, it's written to inspire.


Waiting patiently for Spring.... and signing off!

Stephanie
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Cant wait to read your book!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pen name ............Lea

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig