Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Look at me! Posting on a blog. Can you believe it? I can't.

I was advised by two mentors to begin blogging again. Why? Because I'm an aspiring author, and authors need blogs. I don't fully understand all the why's. I've been told the reason is so I can blast my name out to the world. I don't believe I'm getting the whole story though. I think the underlying motive behind a public writers blogs is so that smart people can make evil comments about the author's grammar. *winks*

I'm kidding. I really do need to blast my name out to the world (doesn't that sound so self-centered?). I'm blogging to gain experience, friendships, and future clients.  







I've been up to quite a few things lately. As you can see from the (awful) picture above, I've been studying English Literature. I just passed the English Literature CLEP test which I spent forever studying for. Now it seems that American Literature, Critical Reasoning, and (*grins hopefully*) maybe some Western Civilization is peeking over my horizon. Excitement abounds!

Although time consuming, English Literature was a lot of fun. My favorite overall poem was My Heart's in the Highlands, by Robert Burns. Thomas Gray's Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat Drowned in a Tub of Goldfishes was also a good one. Oh, and so was the Lady of Shallot by Tennyson. I won't bore you with my favorite plays and prose by various authors.
My most-loved study book was Masters of English Literature Volume I, which wasn't really assigned, but had some seriously snazzy maps, pictures and excerpts from great literary works. The funny thing about this book was that the previous reader (whoever he or she may be), found  it absolutely necessary to underline every single sentence of every page. The entire book is underlined in pen--even the title on the front cover and the about this book portion! It rather bugs my make-everything-perfectly-neat mentality, to be honest. If I knew the person who did it, I'd be seriously on their case.

Enough about English Literature. I love it, but I am so done with that test. How about something more cheery and on target?

At the moment, I'm trying to finalize the editing process of my second book, Reaching Home. I wrote it back in November and have thus far been pleased with the way it's turned out. I hope that if you ever read it, you will be just as pleased (or more so!)

The plot is difficult to explain, mainly because I'm a slacker and haven't yet finished my back-of-the-book synopsis or my one-liner and if I haven't done that, I can't rightly tell you about it, can I? But if you're really curious, I may post a few excerpts and character outlines in the near future.

That's all for now. I'll be back soon with a "commercial" interest. *toggles eyebrows*

Commercial.....I'm not sure if that's the correct word.

Did anyone else notice how many times I said "I"? I feel really self-centered, guys.

May we grow ever closer to our Lord,

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...